Friday, June 11, 2010

Corny

One of my goals after Lily turns one was to sign up for Lily's first official class, so actually pay money for one. I have really benefited socially from the Mommy & Me group at the hospital and Book Babies at the library but it's time to get Lily trying something new. I signed us up for a movement class at the Children's Museum, thankfully with a friend of mine. It is the corniest class I've ever taken and Lily is a bit too young to follow along so I can't throw in the "I like it because I know she likes it" card. She seems to prefer to hang out at the door looking out the window, probably thinking "let me out." We do have our moments of fun in the class, but man, a bit too few and far between.

My tennis leagues are over for the summer and I'm happy with my game and even happier with some of the contacts I've made. I can definitely tell that I'm mentally stronger on the court which I know has to do with having a kid and being older; it's not about the focus as much as thinking clearly on the court. What I would give to have this mental strength back in my hay day. I'm looking into playing an individual tournament this summer so we'll see.

Lily has definitely picked up on the walking, figured out how to knee walk, and has picked up a little personal hygiene too. Here are a few videos of her doing her thing.


1 comment:

  1. I love how she makes sure to wrap herself in her animal print before she takes off :-) Great job, Lily!

    ReplyDelete