Sunday, July 25, 2010

We are in the game

We have just submitted our first offer on a house. It's a spunky old (1890 old!) Victorian just 4 blocks away from where we live now. Our dream has been to live in a house with a yard, one more room, off street parking, in Nob Hill near Wallace Park. We definitely have many more house desire details in our dream (because we sure have had the time to think about it) but we are willing to compromise on quite a bit if we get the house in the ideal location.

Lily is 14 months now and is all about walking(Frankenstein style), climbing, and trying to jump. We're much more about playing in parks than taking long walks these days. If she's not in her high chair, car seat, or reading a story on one of our laps, she is moving...ALWAYS MOVING. The imitation game is also much more front and center these days so we are more aware of what we're saying and doing, more doing at this point. Her talking is still babble and I would guess only has a vocabulary of around 10 words (but doesn't say them consistently) but wow, the amount she understands amazes me every day. I can say "what would you like to wear today?" and she'll go to her drawer and pull out an outfit and is already showing picky signs about what she wants to wear (I had to dress her in a heavy sweatshirt on a 90 degree day). I used to use the ergo carrier 99% of the time and now it's only about 50% because of her weight and her desire to be more mobile. I thought I'd have her weaned by now but I still breastfeed right after she wakes up in the morning and before her bedtime story. I enjoy it, I'm lazy about switching up what works, and I'm letting her give me a sign which she kinda is with nursing for shorter amounts of time. Sometimes I'm embarrassed by the fact that I'm still breastfeeding but at the same time I'm really proud of myself for making it this long after the nightmare start I had.

It's a busy week ahead with house stuff (our place could be on the market by the end of the week), a tennis tournament, and the Blue Lake Sprint Triathlon...lots of stuff that we hope goes really well and smoothly this week.

Here are a few recent pics of Lil', enjoying her corn on the cob and playing in the park.




3 comments:

  1. wow - congrats on the house offer! thats huge! Good luck - can't wait to hear all about it soon... perhaps we could have a playdate on Weds?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited to hear how the house thing goes! Any chance you'd want to email me the MLS #? I love looking at pics...!!! And don't be embarrassed about still breastfeeding - so many people go for longer than a year - the WHO recommends two. I'm planning for 16 months with M, wish me luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Big news on the Mather front! You know we will be thrilled if you stayed in the neighborhood - lots and lots of good thoughts your way as the process unfolds.

    ReplyDelete