Sunday, August 22, 2010

Lilyisms

I've been working on Lily's baby book, a book covered in random scraps of paper and post it notes with quick scribbles marking a mini Lily first since she's turned 1....smiling on command, nodding yes, holding my hand to cross the street, blowing kisses, counting 1-2-3, shaking her booty to music, rubbing her hair with her hands when I'm about to get in the shower knowing I'll be putting shampoo in my hair and then getting the lotion off the counter (with a slight grunt and on her tippy toes to reach) once I turn the water off knowing I'm about to grab it are some that come to mind. I love knowing when she says "bop" it means help and when I come into her room to get her up after a nap, she likes to first lay on her stomach and tap her foot against the mattress because she knows I'll tap my palm on the mattress to imitate her....so grateful for all of this.

House shopping has slowed down but the two houses we put offers in for that came back too high for us are actually still interested (no other offers have come in) so the game continues....time actually might be on our side.

Nate did the Portland Triathlon today and looked strong and fast out there. I rave about Blue Lake but one thing Portland Triathlon easily trumps Blue Lake on is the give-aways...long sleeve dri-fit shirt (cool looking too), gloves, bike socks and a metal water bottle are the main items and then free gelato and free beer after the race are nice perks to compliment the free meal...well done.

Here are a couple pics from our weekend around town and one video of a Lilyism - imitating one of my facial expressions.



No comments:

Post a Comment