Sunday, January 22, 2012

Bye Oma and Opa, Hi Grandma and Grandpa

Oma and Opa have left for a much needed break after being such a wonderful help and Grandma and Grandpa are now here for 3 weeks to help and enjoy their first trip ever requiring a stamp in their passport. 

Here are a few pics from the last couple weeks.

Checking out big sis'

Elise showing Paul how tummy time is done
Opa with his namesake.

 Lily likes to wear goggles for bathtime.
 Oma's cuddle time with Paul.  It's mostly Paul in these kind of pics because he doesn't sleep long otherwise these days.  I don't think Oma minds. :)


Paul and Elise are starting to smile and give us a little bit longer stretches at night which we are grateful for.  We don't feel as rested as we thought we might at this point which I guess just has to do with cumulative loss of sleep.  Lily was a rockstar sleeper already at this point and Elise is there too but good ol' Paul is still quite the night owl.

I was realizing the other day that I haven't been able to enjoy a good hug for several months.  I couldn't effectively hug when I was really pregnant and now I can't because it hurts my boobs.  Side hug it is for a while longer.

Here's a video I took this morning of Paul and Elise right after being unswaddled.  

2 comments:

  1. Unbelievably adorable. I really can't get over how much Elise resembles Lily - will be interesting to see if/how she changes over time! I'm glad there is even the slightest glimmer of hope for better sleep for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on more sleep and getting through another month! Those kiddos of yours sure are cute!

    ReplyDelete