Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Friendly Portland

Slowly settling into the Beast.  We are happy and healthy and enjoying time with friends and the neighborhood we love and know so well.  It's been super fun running into so many familiar faces and catching up with everyone from old neighbors to cashiers to restaurant workers.   I'm still taken aback by how many strangers will give me such a friendly hello and a smile and even strike up a conversation from time to time.  I can't tell you how many times I thought I had something stuck in my teeth after I'd smile and say hello to someone walking around Munich and I got a blank stare in return.  In the same breath though, I really respect the honest and direct approach I experienced so much of in Munich.  Conversations were straight and to the point, no chit chat curve balls thrown in just because.  I personally just really love those curve balls.

Here are some pics from the last week.  

Girls Night - almost the whole contingent. 


 What up?
 Paul is a big fan of our good friend Christy.
 Elise trying to sit on Paul's lap
 Liana and Lily giving us a show and classic Paul on the potty in the background
Agassi sandwich by Keg and 1/2 pint.  So cool to see some Tennis legends in person.
 My personal pride and joy these days - our new window seat.




3 comments:

  1. Such fun pics! I bow down to that window seat - nice work pulling it all together with the pillows! It's begging for someone to curl up on it and take a nap or read a book :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh...love the new window seat. We need to be closer to Agassi. I'll wear my running shoes next time and rush the court.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the window seat - can't wait to see the place!

    ReplyDelete