Sunday, November 30, 2014

November - All about Family

As November draws to a close and the Christmas season stampedes through our door, I want to jot down just how special November was to us.  We were honored to be a part of a very special family wedding on Nate's side, 36 years in the making.  We also were honored with the presence of my whole family plus some extended family as we hosted our first Thanksgiving in our new home.  It's been several days since Thanksgiving and I can honestly still say I had a blast and would easily do it again.  I loved having family in our home.  I loved making mistakes and figuring it all out as a first timer.   I loved how much joy and comfort I saw through my kids interacting with everyone here.  I sound both cheesy and insane and I'll probably eat my words at some point in my future but this is my truth now.  I hope I get the chance to host everyone again sometime.   I'll let pictures do the rest of the talking.


Hot Tubbing at Chicago Hotel Pool
 My men
 What to do on a snow day - school is closed - kinda day?  Face painting of course
 Choo Choo
Thanks to our friend Eric, this is one of my favorite all time shots of Elise.  
 Oma and her little helpers
 Thanksgiving crafting
 Table setting
 Thanksgiving Dinner is served

2 comments:

  1. love to read these lines and see all of those pics....it comes to be a year of reuniting with family and friends for you. A new home and lots of moments to remember. Sending out love. Marya

    ReplyDelete