Tuesday, June 30, 2015

June 2015 - For the books.

Our June 2015 is one for the books. Damn it was good.  Just the feeling of being an American with the recent Supreme Court decisions and general tone in the wake of triumphs and tragedies recently has given me a renewed sense of pride and hope.  I used to sing Amazing Grace to the twins a lot when I rocked them at night and would choke up more often than not for the innocent beauty of the moment (and fatigue induced lack of emotional control) and since President Obama's eulogy, I can't imagine not being moved to the core every time I hear it now.    Maybe this energy built on pride and hope is fleeting but I'm grateful for what it is right now.  I wish for this wave to pick up even more momentum when it comes to making an effective change to our gun safety laws. Struggling to figure out how to help this effort but not giving up.

As for our own little world, these videos reflect how awesome our month was.







Oma and Opa are back for the summer and hit the ground running.  Paul and Elise had their first sleepover with them and it was a hit.  Here they are knocking on their door super excited to be let in for their big night.


Summer is off to a fun and busy start full of celebrating, playing sports, dancing, and hanging out with friends. My foot is feeling much better within the last couple weeks, thank God.  Only took a year! 'Bout time. Hello Tennis.

Thanks to Lolo for visiting us once again.  My kids expect Lolo to come whenever they ask her to and she pretty much does.  Best Aunt ever.

Goof balls
Rose Garden fun


Happy Hiking



Surprised my Dad with his first PDX trip to Costco for Father's Day. It's Opa's Disneyland
Way too much good stuff happened to even take the time to harp on the bad stuff.  Some Ass breaking into our garage to steal a bike, a few of Paul's epic meltdowns sprinkled in just to keep us on our patience toes, Elise's inability to not write all over the walls,  dealing with fleas and ant problems....meh...whatever.  It's going to take a lot more than that to really ruffle my feathers right now.   June 2015 is in the books.
Good night. 


1 comment:

  1. I'm biased about the month of June, but that is a pretty awesome report. Love the happy dances, and that your kids are so in tune with sports. Reminds me of someone we know :) And did say tennis??? WTT is just starting, wink wink.

    ReplyDelete