Sunday, March 28, 2021

February/March 2021 - April Changes

Life moves fast enough.  The speed dial cranked up a few notches these last two months.  It's been really tough to keep up, stay balanced, and hold on to perspective on what matters most.  It's definitely a work in progress navigating this new setup of dual full time work schedules and not letting the other areas important to us suffer.  My lower back and bathroom scale has made it loud and clear that my new regimen sucks and changes need to be made. Even with my back killing me and exercise falling to the wayside, I'm so flippin' proud of myself for going for it with this job and my self confidence in the workplace finding its way back to me.   

Even though we feel incredibly boring these days, glad we captured the memories we were able to make together.  Oma and Opa are completely vaccinated.  Nate and I look to be eligible in early April.  Paul and Elise return to school for 2 hours 4 days a week starting 4/5.  Looks like Lily will go back 4/19 for 3 hours 2 days a week.  With Oma and Opa leaving after Easter to head back to Chicago, the logistics to make the new kid schedules work, and a 3rd floor remodel getting underway, it all feels daunting.  

February winter storm in PDX.  Paul pulling Lily up to Washington Park for some city sledding


Always happy when I see our Munich sled being used



Surgery #2 in February - no issues - pleased to report my 18 month gyno-related nightmare is looking to finally be over or at least on pause.



Celebrating the big 5 year cancer free milestone for Oma.  Sushi and champagne of course!


If I don't have the early mornings to myself, this is the next best thing.  Watching Lily and Paul get 7am tennis lessons while I sit back and enjoy.  



Mochi turned 1!


My kids are growing up - found this on a google search.  

           Lily and Paul enjoying a break in the sun while we were at Black Butte Ranch for a few days over Spring Break.  Elise chose to stay home to be spoiled by Oma and Opa and get the cats all to herself.


Glad Nate was able to take Paul and Lily skiing a handful of times this year, ending the season with a couple outings to Hoodoo by Sisters.  Elise and her snowboarding interest from last year didn't present itself this year.  




Paul & Lily's favorite ski run through the trees, they did it probably 20 times.


I guess the cats missed Nate

    I had asked all the kids write about the 1 year COVID anniversary to share with the family a couple weeks ago.  Elise blew my mind.  Below is what she came up with on her own one afternoon.  I would give up ever playing tennis again if it meant Elise would keep writing. I'd give it up if it meant my kids would see the importance of kindness and compassion, especially with each other, to guide their day to day decisions. I know she has so much emotion and thought bottled up inside her introverted and shy self, not wanting to leave the house most days. She declares herself to be a small, quiet town type of girl. She has a gift.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment