Thursday, September 2, 2021

August 2021 - End of Summer Break and Back to School

The last part of summer didn't disappoint.  I wouldn't say we were big adventurers. We didn't travel anywhere new or far away.  COVID has kept those plans on hold for us (we dream of you Hawaii & Japan and I sure do miss you Germany).  Our annual trip to Sunriver was our trip this summer; my back injury and being in a particularly challenging phase of finding family activities all of us will enjoy kept us more low key than past years which is just fine. Elise did her first overnight camp for a couple nights with her girl scouts troop.  Lily got to do a traditional week long overnight camp in nature with her best friend Liana.  Paul and Nate enjoyed long mountain bike rides in beautiful central Oregon.  All good.

Paul contemplating life while floating on the Deschutes river.

Elise loved archery at her girl scouts camp.


Happy campers coming home from Camp Howard

We love watching the gazillion little toads jumping around at Todd Lake near Bend

This picture cracks me up.  Shortly after this was snapped, Elise's bike also snapped, just broke on us... right after Nate left with Lily and Paul to do some more rough terrain.  Dying cell phone, getting lost, and showing patience - ended up all working out.

These two love to hit the trails together.  20+ mile rides is common for them now.

Warmed my heart to see our neighbors come out to share a drink and a story for our 6th annual block party...more of a sidewalk chat during COVID.  Hope to come back with a bang next year post COVID.

One of the few family activities we all enjoy together is watching Amazing Race.  Season 32 is keeping us entertained.

Paul helping out with a big project - refinishing the front porch floor.  He was enthusiastic to help out... or to get paid.  Either way, he was a good helper.  You can see the end result in the back to school pic coming up.

Enjoyed the Sunflower festival at Lee Farms with our Mother/Daughter group.  So grateful for our little crew of tweens and moms getting through life together.

Happy to report that after 2 months of treatment on my back, Nicole is back!  Enjoyed an early am session with the ball machine.  For the first time, I felt like I won. 

1st day of school for my 4th and 7th graders.  I look at this picture and I think "Wow, my sports clothes only wearing Paul really picked out that entire outfit on his own at Target and said he wanted to wear it to school.  Lily really experimenting with her fashion style and I love it.  Elise wearing a dress she bought on her own with a friend at a store near our home and I'm so proud of her for wearing sandals and being okay with the stares and awkward looks she gets from kids. 


Besides pictures of my kids, this picture makes me really happy too.  Big thank you to Nate for building a little library next to our fairy garden for the neighborhood to enjoy.  He really did an amazing job.  It's been such a treat to see all the action our front yard gets.  

No comments:

Post a Comment