Saturday, January 2, 2010

Oma and Opa Are Coming

New Years Eve was like any other night at our house these days (stay in and asleep by 11) except for the cheese fondue we tried to make. Hopefully our resolutions don't fail as miserably as our fondue did. We essentially made clumps of cheese in a watery broth....yummy.

Oma and Opa are coming and I'm super excited. Last time they visited, Lily was a newborn and we were living in a heavy fog of frustration, exhaustion and a non-stop deer in headlights expression on our faces. I didn't have the blissful newborn phase and time hasn't softened the memory much of how hard it was. I've sure made up for that lost time though because nowadays I am happy, really happy. Last time Oma and Opa were here, I didn't want to go anywhere with Lily except for short walks around the neighborhood and my mom was busy taking care of me and figuring out ways to help get me out of a dark spell (planting flowers on our patio for example). Now, I get to be a proper host and take care of my parents. With my new skills in the kitchen (still sounds weird to me to admit that I can and enjoy cooking now), I have some recipes I'd like to spoil them with. I have ideas to get out and about as a family (I didn't want to even get in the car with Lily last time they came) and even project ideas for my handy Opa.

We posted December pics...of course mostly of our crawling and babbling 7.5 month Lily.

2009 December - Lily 7 months

1 comment:

  1. Oh that sounds lovely...glad you're in a good space for their visit this time!

    ReplyDelete