Sunday, November 6, 2011

35 Weeks Pregnant with Twins

I've made it to 35 weeks with this twin pregnancy. My doctor isn't concerned if they show up now even though 37 weeks is considered full term for twins. I'm pretty darn miserable physically and mentally but I'm not at the breaking point of wanting them out of me; I would like them to bake for another couple weeks. The discomfort at this point is very much due to lack of sleep, this weird "am I getting a pap smear right now?" stinging feeling whenever I'm on my feet for too long, and the feeling like my bladder is being pinched and poked. You're supposed to drink 64 oz of water a day; I'm so thirsty, I easily drink 3x that during the day and I'm not exercising at all. I'm jealous of Nate doing these adventures exploring Munich with Lily on the bike or going to the zoo. I'm just not willing to put up with the pain and the risk right now. Maybe I'll join in on the outings if I get to 37 weeks to help get them out. Who knows. At least I have been able to work on a project for Lily that I'll post soon as a gift to her before her world turns upside down.

Here's me at 35 weeks, easily the biggest I've ever been in my life. So, I'll be celebrating my 33rd Birthday as my biggest self and with the knowledge that I'm about to be a 33 year old mom with 3 kids under 3. NEVER thought I would say that.

6 comments:

  1. You look fab! I never made the connection of the many "3" things in your life this year. Cool! Happy Birthday Nicole!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the update! I have been wondering how you're doing, and it's great to hear that despite your discomfort (which I'm sure is to be expected), you and the babies are still one. ... And I agree with Nat, you look terrific!
    - Aimee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the belly! You look fantastic! (Maybe I'm still new to this all, but you don't look that big to me.) Congrats on making it so far; it cannot be easy carrying twins for so long. Hope you have a fabulously happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday again! You do look great, and don't worry about the "biggest" thing - it is all relative when you're pregnant, I basically just strike that part of my weight history from the record books. :-) I hope they stay in 2 more weeks, then come out as easily as possible. I hope we get to meet them relatively soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shit I'm ,35 weeks with twin boys and I don't looks small my stomach is huge congratulations

    ReplyDelete