Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Gratitude

I don't find it hard to be grateful for so much on a daily basis.  We do a gratitude prayer at dinner, I subscribe to a couple gratitude themed blogs, and I keep a journal.  Gosh, I'm starting to plan Paul and Elise's first Birthday party and the theme is gratitude; we've invited the people that have helped us get through year 1.  I guess I had hoped gratitude would help fuel my drive to do more things I like to do.  Whether it's picking up a book more often that I can learn something from, leaving the house more at night, calling friends and family back in the states more to connect, working out more like I used to once upon a time, or planning a date with my husband.  I'm too fried and exhausted or just not making the time to fit more into my days right now.  I know how to seize the heck out of a good moment but I'm not as good at letting the frustrating and draining moments of my days roll off my back.  They get to me and I wish I didn't depend on quiet evenings and sleep so much to help me bounce back.

Here are a couple moments from the weekend that gave me so much joy.  Paul is officially a walker and already showing soccer skills.  Elise prefers to crawl even though she is trying quite a bit to walk.  It's harder for her to get the hang of her much heavier right foot.

 
This one is primarily for Opa but thought others would enjoy too.

3 comments:

  1. You know I'm right there with you, Nicole. Don't forget how much you have going on right now, how much you are managing with three kiddos - allow yourself to be one with the couch, and know that it's okay, if that's what you need right now :-) "Nicole time" WILL come back!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sleep is essential. Enough that I'll say it again: ESSENTIAL! Last night I found myself frustrated with Magdalena over getting her foot in her footie-pjs, and realized it was because I had not gotten enough sleep the night before and was exhausted. I think you can love your family, be completely thankful for what you have, and still get frustrated and long for more sleep!!!

    ReplyDelete