Saturday, April 4, 2020

Week 3 Isolation - Winging it and Masks


While my kid's teachers finish training for online teaching, I did my 3rd week of winging it homeschooling.   Paul telling me through tears at one point "You're my mom. You're not my teacher" tells you that it hasn't gone smoothly but overall, we're making it work.  Schedules are our friend....so are lots of breaks.

My kids seek more cuddle time these days, especially after I say good night.  They sneak down to chill in bed with me.  I don't mind.

My kids call themselves 3Kids Theater when they get in creative performance mode.  Here is a PSA Kids "Go Noodle" style video they made to teach kids to stay away from germs while exercising and washing hands.



This past week was a lot of talk about wearing masks, NYC continues to hurt, "the worst is yet to come," unemployment numbers, supporting restaurants, best safe grocery shopping practices, and what will it take for us to truly feel like it's safe again?

Inside our home, the focus continues to be on feeling safe, being healthy, and showing the love.  We continue to follow some kind of a schedule, continue to learn and create, mourn the things we miss so much, remind ourselves what we are grateful for......then sleep it off , wake up the next day, ready to go at it again trying to be helpers and not be a waste of space.

Es ist was es ist.

No comments:

Post a Comment