Sunday, January 25, 2009

Nate the Great

One of the many reasons Nate deserves the title "Nate the Great" or as one of my friends calls him "The Great American Hero" for taking me off the market, is because he puts up with my love affair with "the other man." Here's a picture of his sexy selfless self:


I'd like to present, the body pillow. Even though I haven't been able to sleep through a night since sometime in 2008, he gives me hope that it's still possible (this includes going to bed very thirsty). Nate has been hit in the face by "him" and has been seen shivering in the fetal position at the corner of the bed with no sheets in sight, and yet, he doesn't complain.

My mom told me that if Stetsi hears a familiar song now on a regular basis, she'll react (fingers crossed it's positively) outside the womb. The only songs I know all the words to are The Bangles "Eternal Flame" and Sound of Music "Doe a Deer." I told Nate if he could come up with something better, I'm game. He hasn't and we've been singing these 2 songs to her almost daily for a couple months now; Nate even throws in harmony. Oh indeed, Nate is "Nate the Great."

Here are links to the songs: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sxf6Xd75yUo, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdf_cBf6Wok&feature=PlayList&p=27AC2291ADD298FD&playnext=1&index=12

One of my favorite Christmas in Chicago 2008 memories occurred while lounging at my brother's place. I had just told Sonya and Eric that we sing Eternal Flame to Stetsi and instead of the hilarious smart ass comments I was ready to hear, they just started singing the song in it's entirety right then and there, it was wonderful.

I'll end this post with a couple shots of Nate chilling with the cats. This also serves as proof that Nicole has not completely taken over ownership of the couch (I must have been in the bathroom these few moments).









3 comments:

  1. Hey guys, love your new blog! I can relate with the cat pictures -- our cats love sitting wherever they can too.

    I thought those Youtube videos were going to be you guys singing... maybe you don't want that on the Internet :) Looking forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited you guys started this blog! It's been great reading your first posts. And your kitties are so cute. I wish Jill would sit on my hip like that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pictures with Gigi and Pepe! Pepi touching Nate's sleeping nose is priceless.

    ReplyDelete