Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Week 4

What a difference a week can make. Not having the foot stomping pain about every 3 hours around the clock and seeing improvement in my boobs after doing my homework of pumping so much it felt like it was a breathing machine has helped my mood and perspective some. I had a really good follow up appointment with the boob whisperer who gave me yet another new strategy to try and I plan to see her at least 2 more times just to help minimize the chance of a setback. I'm just so sick of boobs and you're probably tired of hearing about them.

I went to my first Mom's group at the nearby hospital and I'm glad I went. I learned a new soothing technique by bouncing on a workout ball with Lily. I have one at home and the thought to do that never crossed my mind. After meeting other 3 week old babies, Lily definitely looks older than she is. Not only does she have a full head of hair but she was more similar in size to the 2 month olds. Lily is now 10.5 lbs and probably a little longer than 22 inches.

Nate leaves for Chicago this weekend to live it up at a bachelor party (and enjoy a nice long deep sleep) and my sister arrives to help me out and meet Lily for the first time. My sister is 12 years older than I am so she took care of me quite a bit when I was a baby. It'll be really cool to see her taking care of Lily now. Lily is going to love her.

I'll end this post with a cute video of Lily smiling a few times for the camera. Don't forget the sound. Enjoy.


3 comments:

  1. aren't baby smiles the best? so glad things are starting to go a bit better - and that the moms group was a good time! Look forward to catching up more tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I shed a little tear while watching that. So precious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad things are getting better by the day! I'll make sure Nate gets some sleep this weekend. See you soon in Maui!

    ReplyDelete