Saturday, October 2, 2010

Mathers are in Munich

Tonight is the first night in our Munich home together. It's a great apartment with a few quirks - hammock in the living room, sexy blue lights in the bathroom, no window coverings, tiny TV (can see in picture), and a washer but no dryer in the bathroom, come first to mind. We visited the first park just a couple blocks away and even though it's not really great for anyone under 4, it was still great to see lots of other kids around. It gave me confidence knowing that I could at least converse with some 6 year olds in German without asking them to please speak in English. There's a lot of foot traffic, much more than even Portland. I can watch lots of people walk by from the kitchen window.

Here's our first family pic in Munich in our living room. Nate is busy watching the Michigan Game on the computer and I'm busy feeling wide awake from jet lag. I think I'm having a harder time than Lily is but I wouldn't trade that for a second.

Special thanks to Oma and Opa for spoiling us and helping so much the last few days both in Chicago and Heidelberg.


1 comment:

  1. You guys look SO happy - love all the apartment quirks! Yes, that TV looks quite puny in that huge cabinet. :-)

    ReplyDelete