Sunday, March 22, 2009

Music, Laughter, and Friends

Now that Stetsi is getting better and better at hearing sounds, she would've been busy listening to a lot of laughter and music this past weekend. Whether it was the live guitar & violin music at a wine bar, giggling with Nate and Eric about a cougar wearing a cougar fur jacket and matching hat (even though the animal print was over the top, she was pretty hot), singing Happy Birthday to our 1 year old friend Nora, laughing at a line-up of about 6 babies sitting by themselves propped up on the couch for some classic photos, listening to Eben serenade Preston with a very thoughtful congrats song, and laughing at our friends doing squats with the intent to touch their elbow on the floor (which they did quite easily) as we were walking out the door. We had a blast seeing friends this weekend.

Even though saying "catching up with friends" is no longer the truth in many cases because we enjoy following our friend's blogs, it is always great to see them in person and enjoy spontaneous conversations. I feel like I walked away with some great mom-to-be advice, stories, and ideas thanks to our friends.

So, I'm at 32 weeks now. This past week was definitely better than the previous one both physically and mentally. Staying out past 11pm 2 nights in a row is a good indicator that I'm doing alright. I am having more freak out moments where I just zone out, my eyes get a little wider and I either want to cry or hide under the sheets. Last time I had zone out moments on a particular topic was a year ago daydreaming about our upcoming trip to Africa and Germany. How times have changed. So far, those "freak-out" moments don't last long. It could be sparked from not feeling that I'm overtly excited enough about becoming a mom or being hard on myself in a moment of weakness where I truly think I'm going to suck at this mom job; I do have quite the potty mouth and I like my alone time.

Something that I've found odd at this point in my pregnancy is that I don't think I've felt a Braxton-Hicks contraction which are apparently really common now. I get cramps after eating too much at night and feel tightening of my stomach sometimes but only after eating a big meal. Just thought it was a little weird.

Here's a picture of me from this weekend after a workout. I can't say enough how much I love Lululemon workout clothes; I'm just glad they still fit. My bathing suit on the other hand is getting to the point where it's almost indecent to wear at the pool; I have to pull it up inch by inch like I'm wearing hose and just pray it still covers me. I just don't see the point of getting a maternity suit at this point and if I have to wear my bikini to get by the last few weeks, whatever, I'll do it.

1 comment:

  1. nicole, you will be an amazing mother! (it's practically in your name :)) stetsi already has gone swimming, played tennis, heard her future baby friends, and it's clear you and nate are so caring and gaga over her.

    and heck yeah stick w/ the bikini! show off stetsi!

    ReplyDelete