Sunday, March 1, 2009

Stetsi in 3D

Friday afternoon was especially fun. We were treated to a 3D Ultrasound of Stetsi. We knew it would be cool and we'd be in awe of how great technology can be, it did not disappoint. These days, it's possible to get both 3D and 4D Ultrasounds. The only difference between 3D and 4D is the time capture (time being the 4th dimension) so it appears as though you are watching a video. 3D still plays like a video but just more fragmented. It looked like she was moving around a lot during the Ultrasound but I didn't feel her like I do at night. She must literally be bouncing off the walls like she's on a trampoline at night.

I asked whether it was normal to feel her so far back in my lower right side and she said it sure is when you have a baby that measures as long as yours does! She's currently measuring 17 inches long and about 3.5 lbs, both in the 80th percentile. I still have 10 weeks to go! I have a feeling I will be cussing (blaming Nate for getting me into this) and screaming quite loudly during delivery.

We got her in a few positions. The pictures below show her sleeping and smiling. Check out our picasa album by clicking on "check out more pics here" on the right hand side to see her sucking her thumb, sleeping with her face resting on both her hands, smiling a little more, and even biting her nails (already a habit she's picked up from me).

2 comments:

  1. Whoa...these pictures are wild! Truly amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stetsi is so beautiful! Love her smiles - like her parents. She may be smiling because she is hearing her parents voices.

    The 3D is like starting the next stage of parenthood.

    And being able to weigh and measure her is beyond imagining.

    ReplyDelete