Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Auntie Sonya

I usually don't go a day without talking to my sister. Since Lily was born, my phone has been racking up a lot of rollover minutes because Skype has taken over. Skyping with my sister is part of the daily routine. Lily knows her face and her voice. It helps that she and I sound eerily alike. Lily was in for a real treat last weekend because Sonya came back out to Portland for her 2nd visit in 4 months. Along with some dear and I guess I can now say long time friends (10 years already), we spent the long weekend in Sunriver, Oregon, which is near Mt. Bachelor in central Oregon to take part in the GIST Cancer Walk for the Cure. We want to help the cause however we can and we're really glad we could do this together. It was a darn good weekend of simply enjoying time with each other in a nifty little home whether it was playing tennis in the driveway with adorable Sam and Zach Larson, soaking in the hot tub while being amazed by just how clear and bright a starry sky can be outside of the city, or watching the deer outside the living room window.
Sonya, thanks for visiting us. We knew if anyone could make Lily giggle, it would be you.
I also just posted a new Picassa album, linked in the upper right of the page as usual.












1 comment:

  1. I see in the picture The Going to Bed Book... my fav book to read to Sam and Zach when they were little!!!

    ReplyDelete