Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Change Coming


It definitely feels like a change is upon us. There's a fall chill in the morning air, college football is here, and Lily is coming up on the four month mark. That didn't feel so significant until I realized it's a third of a year. Then I thought wow, already a third of the way towards her first birthday and suddenly it felt like time was flying right before my eyes.

Lots of other changes on the way too. I'm two work days away from five weeks of bonding leave. We'll have one week of overlap where both Nicole and I are off, then Nicole heads back to work. I'm definitely looking forward to being the one Lily spends most of her time with for the next month or so, getting to know her quirks and see her change in front of my eyes. But it will definitely be a role reversal of what's been going on the past four months, with me working from home as much as possible to help out. Nicole will probably work from home a fair amount and I'm sure it will be difficult and weird for her to work while I take care of Lily.

Another, more unexpected, change has happened as Nicole has started making dinner way more often. Our consumption of take out from the great restaurants around us has definitely dropped off and we've had some great pasta salads that have gone perfectly with the warm weather. So I'll see if I can keep up the dinner-making momentum, hopefully I will. Once we're both back at work I'm sure we'll be digging out the take out menus again, but hopefully in the meantime the weather will be nice enough for me to fire up the grill.

On the topic of change I'm tempted to toss in Michigan's return to the win column and the change to a quarterback who looks like he belongs on the field, but that probably belongs in a different blog, oh well.

On a more relavent note, we've posted a couple of new photo albums, you know where to click.

No comments:

Post a Comment