Sunday, June 12, 2011

Hans and Frans

I thought I'd be past the morning sickness at this point but I'm not. I'm 14 weeks so I'm antsy to get past these last 7 weeks of feeling so down, defeated, and sick. It's been a lot harder this time around. I'm much more tired throughout the day and I'm lucky if I have a few hours break sometime during the day when I don't feel nauseous. It does seem to have gotten better this last week with only feeling sick in the evenings now, I'll take it. Gosh, just getting ready in the morning is exhausting. I'm not even showing much at all yet (boobs are definitely growing at a faster rate, one perk for me :) )so I'm nervous what the level of exhaustion will be when I really get big. I can't even think about fish or most meat right now, the smell alone still makes me gag. Chocolate of all things doesn't interest me but sweets like Gummi Bears I devour right now. The only things that give me some respite are Gummi Bears and Coke. I wish it was something more healthy so I didn't feel like I was hurting the babies everytime but I keep doing it. Not proud of it.

As far as processing the news that I'm going to have 3 kids under 3 and the feeling that the newborn phase is going to be even harder this time around when I thought mine with Lily was hard enough, I'm not there yet. All the facebook comments and notes from friends have been a Godsend. Even though I'm not quite there with the level of excitement and joy, I know I'll get there. My family has been very funny giving me lots of suggestions of what to call them in utero. Hans and Frans seem to be sticking right now (We don't know the sex but we'll find out). Hassel and Hof cracked me up too.

Lily's start to her 2's have been a lot better than I expected. She is a lot more fun to hang out with and she'll play on her own now for much longer periods of time (the other day was an hour). I can have little conversations with her and she tries hard to entertain us. It just seems like the other day when I defined a good day with Lily as one where good behavior (minimal crying and no biting!) was pretty much the main criteria. Now, there's the added layer of her trying to entertain us and telling us her more complex thoughts that help make the day good. She wants to sing songs for us and tell us about the doll her friend gave her and the song she sang her to make her feel better when she was crying. I just love it. The picture I included is of Lily and her new friend Livy from the UK she helped feel better (she calls her Livay to mimic their British accent).

The other day, she ran down the hallway ahead of me to our front door, turns around, and proclaims "fabulous Lily at the door." I don't know where she got that. She also will put her hands on her belly when I least expect it and say "Lily's belly hurts from babies." I haven't hidden my misery very well from her. The funniest thing was when she was coloring a picture for a neighbor, Scott, who was home sick. While she was coloring, she started pooping and she said "I poop for Scott." Love it.

Thank you again for the kind and supportive word this past week. Nate is going to Portland in a couple weeks and even though I'm very jealous he gets to go, it's probably good that I don't because I'm not adjusted to Munich enough yet to get back on the plane to come back here. I miss you guys.


3 comments:

  1. Lily looks fabulous daahhhling - she is a serious hoot. :-) Hope things ease up for you very, very soon - you deserve a break!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you on that morning sickness and exhaustion - SO not fun! Citrus does it for me... I was known to eat lemons whole... yikes!
    LOVE the Lily-isms, especially her pronunciation of "Livay." We have a neighbor boy whose father is British and he is kind of half and half on his terms - I could just see him saying this. Does she call Lily "Lilay"? Miss you girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's looking so cute. My vote is for Hassel and Hoff. Glad the sickness is subsiding too. Lily is a lucky girl - she'll make friends from all over the world. I can't wait to hear all of her accents next time I see her. Miss you lots!

    ReplyDelete