Monday, June 20, 2011

To Nate

Nate is in the midst of a lot of work travel, currently in Hamburg. Lily thinks he's on an airplane the whole time he's gone and randomly waves at Daddy in the air (usually indoors in our living room - who knew she had super power x-ray vision). We miss him a lot. I came across a few cute pictures that are with Nate or taken on Father's Day so thought this blog post should be for him.

I know he misses better home cooked meals, a cleaner home, and the happier and much more energetic wife that isn't in her pajamas exhausted by 8pm (ok 730 too many days lately) or complaining about a headache or stomach ache for the umpteenth time. I know he misses his friends, band time, and having it just be easier to get things done with the darn language barrier. And yet he doesn't complain because I know he's worried about me and works so hard on either picking up the slack that I can't get done, being even more present with Lily, or trying to make me feel better whether it's physically or mentally. Oh, and he's trying to build an entire "multiple bookcase - entertainment center" from Ikea on his own late at night.

He shows me his love and dedication to our little family so much lately; It made me think of an excerpt from my vows to him over 5 years ago -"....you have shown me what love truly means. Your selflessness, your thoughtfulness, your patience, the way you listen to me, the way you believe in me, and the way you look at me, continues to inspire me." Thank you.

Here are a few pics from recent days. Lily is obsessed with carrying the I Love Lucy umbrella these days.




Lily loving sitting on a motorcycle with Daddy on the BMW showroom floor.

Lily enjoying some of Daddy's Father's Day gift - movie theater popcorn.



2 comments:

  1. Awwww... this post made me tear up! You guys are such a cute family - and you'll be UBER cute when those twins come along. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant to comment on this post, basically to say the same thing as Andrea. :-) Very sweet words.

    ReplyDelete