Sunday, February 8, 2009

2nd Trimester Coming to an End

I thought I was starting my 3rd trimester today because I'm now at 26 weeks but sources seem to differ on the topic so I'll just stay in my 2nd trimester a little while longer, I don't mind. I can still see my feet when I look down and I don't have any swelling causing me to buy bigger shoes or take off my wedding band. Only my sleep pattern and balance has taken a turn for the worse. My dreams are not only much more vivid but I have many of them in one night because I wake up more. I have a much harder time doing core balance exercises standing up now, I have become more of a one legged pogo stick with flailing arms. I even fell down the other day while I was bending down to pick up Pepe. I just fell backwards right on the floor, glad I can keep Nate entertained.

I hope to post a video of Stetsi dancing in my stomach soon. I think she's right handed because most of the movement is on that side. I know it makes no sense but I imagine her sitting on a little chair looking out as she kicks her right arm and right leg because it's her stronger side. Nate is a lefty so we'll see. What's annoyingly cute is when Pepe is purring against my stomach, Stetsi moves more.

I am thinking about Stetsi more; it's pretty rare now that I get into a zone where I forget I'm pregnant for a little while. I even catch myself thinking about Stetsi as a teenager because most of my memories are from that time versus as a young kid. If she turns out to be tall, I really do hope I set a positive example of tall is something to be proud of. I had a hard time in my teenage years and I just hope she isn't as self conscious about being tall like I was at that time.

Our Sunday routine has been tennis and swimming for a while now. Nate is especially loving tennis these days because he can hit more winners past my slow ass. I still find the most constant strength and inner peace
swimming. I listen to my waterproof music player and just go. Here are a couple pics of us doing what we love to do.
















PS We posted some more cat pictures to our album in case you want to check 'em out (click on "check out more pictures here" in the upper right hand corner).

1 comment:

  1. hey mama. i'm so glad that you are moving around so well, but i will pay money to see you do a vintage 24hr. fitness hip-hop routine in about....oh.....2 months! :o)

    ReplyDelete