Sunday, February 1, 2009

Boobs, Butts, and Names

I was excited to redeem a prenatal massage gift certificate yesterday, thanks Eric and Jill. I assumed I'd lay on my side but they had a "stomach toilet bowl" pillow that was very comfortable. I considered it a real treat just being able to lay on my stomach and on my back for an hour. She asked me the standard question "Do you have any problem areas?" I answered very truthfully "boobs and butt." She only massaged one of the two, you can guess which one. I went to NW Dosha and had Sarah; I would definitely recommend her. She was a huge improvement from the last spa gal I had when I went in for a facial; she chewed gum loudly and like a cow. I'm surprised she didn't blow a bubble and pop it right in my face.

I'm getting more uncomfortable and my 3rd trimester doesn't even start till next week. Rolling over in bed is more difficult and requires occasional grunting. Even tying shoes while standing is becoming a concentrated acrobatic act for me now. The only place I still feel really strong is the pool; I just imagine Stetsi doing the crawl along with me as we glide through the water.

We've made progress on names. We now have a short list. They are Zoe, Mikayla, Lilly, Ramona, Amelia, and Cameron. We would have added Rinn (my mom's maiden name) to the list but if the person we're trying to honor has a look of disgust when hearing Rinn Mather, we will take it off. Feel free to comment on it though and maybe she'll change her mind.

I included a picture of me from over the weekend wearing the really cute pregnancy shirt Sonya got me. This is for you W-.

3 comments:

  1. Hi its Yana, love your blog, I think I had Eddie's agreement on Amelia but then it went out the door --he would not cooperate on a girls name (boy's we have already agreed on thank G-d)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK - I made your blog a favorite so now I will check it daily! I expect hilarious posts on a daily basis too ;-)

    I personally like Rinn a lot. It's original and sounds like she would be a cool girl. Not that she would be uncool with any other names. I'm sure she'll be a cool girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ah we love all those names! i won't tell you which one i was gunning for, b/c i guess you get first pick :) love the blog, you guys both write hiliarous. keep it up please! and i just had a facial in VN: i was offered boobs too and i agree :)

    ReplyDelete